My new Network Setup + Homemade "rack"

AMD[H]unter

[H]F Junkie
Hey guys! I posted this in the network gallery, but I wanted to make a thread so I could get some feedback on my homemade "rack" Anyway, here she is:

network.jpg

network (1).jpg

Left to right:

Big ass antenna zip-tied to th etraffic light to beam the internet to the extreme end of my house, about 70 feet away and through about 10 walls, and up one level. Yes it works. :p

Top Shelf: Left to right:
Monitor
Keyboard

Middle Shelf: Left to right:
UPS with no battery, just a suge protector 3 outlets are dead, thats why I have 2 surge protectors/UPS's with no batteries :p ghetto
WT54G -- I love it. Got it Friday
BEFW11S4 -- It's just kinda there.
Netgear 24 port 10/100 hub, connected to the router, it's my main switch
Cable Modem

Bottom Shelf: Left to right:
Right out from under the shelf is that other UPS
My Server -- Hosts 5 sites and is a fileserver.
2x450Mhz P3
512MB RAM
1x 9.1GB drives
2x 80 pin 36GB 10,000RPM SCSI drives

scoob8000 said:
You know having mis-match colored patch cords can hurt your network performance? :D

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

My network is screwed :(

Well, I just wanted to update you guys on the status of my network. My power company killed the 24 port hub, so I am now using a Netgear 16 port switch. I need my 24 port switch back....lol

I'm using a Linksys 24 port unmanaged switch I got off newegg, it got fried as well some how, but thankfully it has a lifetime warranty, no questions asked. They replaced it pretty quick (sent out the replacement unit and then I sent the old one back).

Xipher said:
I'm using a Linksys 24 port unmanaged switch I got off newegg, it got fried as well some how, but thankfully it has a lifetime warranty, no questions asked. They replaced it pretty quick (sent out the replacement unit and then I sent the old one back).

I'm jealous. Really jealous.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16833124128
Its just under 100 now, btw it is a limited warranty, but like I said they didn't really ask much. I told them straight forward my best guess is that it got shocked, and they didn't waste much time shipping a replacement. So as long as your not beating the crap out of the thing I don't think they will turn you away. Its also rack mountable.

Back