Found a solution that helps my video game or work related eyestrain helps a ton

Comixbooks

Fully [H]
Screenshot_20230914-015008~2.png

Picked up one of these at Walmart for 20.00 it's been a lifesaver. It gets pretty cold so you might need to let it thaw for 8 minutes before you tuck your head inside. I was using a eyeball massager s Renpho but I found it to be too dangerous tossed it in the trash like 9 months back gave a really bad review on Amazon said it made my vision blurry when I woke up one day.

I found switching to higher refresh rates and toning down the brightness helped my eyestrain a lot. Back in highschool 60hz crt used to give me headaches along with the flourescent lighting. I could "see" the flicker which was driving me nuts. 120hz seemed to be the minimum I needed. On led and oled, not so much, but the smoothness of 240hz has grown on me.

OLED tech helped me out alot I'm playing older games I had problems using LCD displays. I know it helps because Forspoken gave me eye strain when I switched to OLED using the same game eyestrain was basically gone.

When doing long gaming sessions I just turn down the brightness and contrast of my display to a level where I will not experience eyestrain issues. I usually note down two different brightness and contrast settings whenever I get a new display. I also do what Slade does and stick to high refresh rates.

A dark beanie is a pretty good substitute for the product comixbook mentioned, especially in a colder environment. Learned this working night shift in the past. It's effective enough in blocking out light for a good sleep, and chances are you already own one.

It's cause we live in an HDR world now - get flashbanged or get fucked - at least frying my optical nerves is worth it 😍

We get eye strain for simple reasons - We do not blink enough when looking at screens, proven and any eye doctor will tell you that, and we do not look away to "reset" our eyes often enough. (every 20 mins or so)

Blue light crap on glasses does nothing for your eyes, there is not one scientifically proven study blue light does ANY damage to our eyes. It all comes down to not blinking enough...blink more and look away to reset your eyes so to speak.

We get eye strain for simple reasons - We do not blink enough when looking at screens, proven and any eye doctor will tell you that, and we do not look away to "reset" our eyes often enough. (every 20 mins or so)

Blue light crap on glasses does nothing for your eyes, there is not one scientifically proven study blue light does ANY damage to our eyes. It all comes down to not blinking enough...blink more and look away to reset your eyes so to speak.

There used to be F.Lux and now that's been built into Windows (Display>Night Light) since forever and Mac has the same crap - I've never needed the glasses or anything that eliminated it long ago

Also if you calibrate your monitor it's usually dimmer in the end (tell yourself 'wElL tEcHnIcAlLy ItS aCcUrAtE tHiS wAy 🤓") to force yourself to get used to it if you tend to like it brighter

Or don't cause I'm not helping you around when you're blind lol I really don't care

Back