are Thermal take power supplies any good

The PurePower line is pretty good as far as PC power supplies go. They perform as advertised, with lots of extras to boot. That might not sound like a very impressive evaluation of their power supplies, but you might be surprised to see how many power supplies fall short of their claims. Does it "beat out" Antec and Enermax? On what grounds, might I ask?

as I see it the only good thing that it has is the ability of being black (to go with my black case) ... besides that I dont see how its superior to antec.enermax

One possible advantage is the Serial ATA power connectors. If you were to buy a Serial ATA drive in the future, the Thermaltake supply you indicated would be ready without using any adapters. From what I have seen, Antec and Enermax don't offer this feature in any of their power supplies.

i highly doubt that I will get one of those in the near future so i doubt that I will need that but ... i guess they would come handy in a long long run ... is there a good black PSU around 400w that you would recomend ?

Originally posted by Hyper_Psycho
So far the only product that came from Tt and functioned better then expected was the 6Cu+. I came across http://www.thermalmasters.com/th48siposuwi.html . So I am wondering if its a good PSU. Does it beat out enermax and antexc ?

I see you have an Enermax 350w PSU already. Is it like this one?

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProdu...-103-431&catalog=58&manufactory=BROWSE&depa=1

Are you just wanting information on the PSU or you looking to replace your current PSU?

Brands like Antec, Enermax, PC Power and Cooling, Fortron, Sparkle are all top PSU brands. Thermaltake PSU's are manufactered by Enlight so they are good also. Would i choose a Thermaltake over one of those other brands? No.

Originally posted by SJetski71
Fairly sure Thermaltake's psu's are mfr'd by Enlight which makes it a very good psu, strong rails, low failure rate.
I'm very sure SJetski71's right. I'm running a Tt supply in my #1 rig, and I've been very happy with it. Rails are on the money, thermo controlled fans are nice and quiet....and last time I checked you can get it for $49.00 shipped from the Egg. Over the last three years, I'll bet I've screwed together a couple of hundred systems in Enlight 7237 cases with their 350 / 360 watt supplies. Not one of 'em has ever failed.

They are solid, reliable, and do what they claim. I'd buy another.......

FWIW - B.B.S.

Originally posted by burningrave101
I see you have an Enermax 350w PSU already. Is it like this one?

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProdu...-103-431&catalog=58&manufactory=BROWSE&depa=1

Are you just wanting information on the PSU or you looking to replace your current PSU?

Brands like Antec, Enermax, PC Power and Cooling, Fortron, Sparkle are all top PSU brands. Thermaltake PSU's are manufactered by Enlight so they are good also. Would i choose a Thermaltake over one of those other brands? No.

Yeah that enermax is just like the one I have tho mine is like aqua blue...

I guess I'll go with antec or enermax

Back