24" Widescreen CRT (FW900) From Ebay arrived,Comments.

I really hope someone here has a solution. I've spent 12 hours today trying to solve this issue.

I read here and on Reddit about how Intel iGPUs can do interlacing, so I bought a new motherboard and an i5 13600k to use interlacing on my IBM P275. I have a 6900 XT as well that I'm using. Set it up and made some interlaced resolutions. I was blown away by the clarity at 2400 x 1800i at 120 Hz. Played Helldivers 2 and had a great time. Thought I would try Halo and it unfortunately went to black screen. Wasn't sure what that was about but after that, every game that I've tried it crashes. My PC just will not switch from my iGPU to my 6900 XT. Just to clarify, Windows 11 lets you choose which GPU you want to use. I was connected to my IGPU, using it to display interlaced resolutions while the games render on my 6900 XT.

It doesn't matter if I tell it which specific GPU in the Windows graphics settings. It just doesn't work. I uninstalled and reinstalled both Intel and AMD drivers. Tried multiple different versions of each. It will not work. It will start the games if I specify iGPU but will not use the 6900 XT. I can't switch in the middle of a game either.

Looked for BIOS settings, tried changing the iGPU to primary. That didn't work. Downloaded the latest motherboard drivers. Didn't work. It's the same black screen everytime. GPU fans don't spin. For some reason the iGPU is not communicating to the 6900XT anymore.

Again, it did work initially but after a crash it hasn't worked again.

Anyone have any ideas? My last resort is a Windows reinstall but I really would prefer not, as I have SSDs full of family videos and pictures I would have to deal with. I'm not even sure if this would solve the issue?
That’s really odd.

I think the only variable that matters is what’s set as the rendering GPU in graphics settings in Windows

Only thing I can think of is changing those back to default, then back again to the 6900xt

the 580 is stronger, smaller and cheaper in my country xdddd , does it support interlacing with the newest drivers or will i have to resort to old drivers to use interlacing on it?
I don't know.

You're likely going to run into a problem where your HDMI adapter won't support very high pixel clocks.

Just do like us and have really nice card as the main card. Like a RTX Nvidia or RDNA AMD, then run an older analog card in another slot for interlacing.

Dumb question. Is it possible to have a powerful GPU like an RTX perform all the rendering, and then send the output to another video card in the system with analog output?

Dumb question. Is it possible to have a powerful GPU like an RTX perform all the rendering, and then send the output to another video card in the system with analog output?
I think in the past few pages you can read from a couple people who have done this.

"Aperture Grille" on youtube also did a video about it.

In most sitautions, meaning DX11 and DX12, it works great, only 3ms lag.

Though it has a significant performance cost for games running the Vulkan API. Over 10%.

And last time I tried to do it with a DX9 game, the game wouldn't launch. But there are probably workarounds that can be done like forcing borderless window, etc.

I really hope someone here has a solution. I've spent 12 hours today trying to solve this issue.

I read here and on Reddit about how Intel iGPUs can do interlacing, so I bought a new motherboard and an i5 13600k to use interlacing on my IBM P275. I have a 6900 XT as well that I'm using. Set it up and made some interlaced resolutions. I was blown away by the clarity at 2400 x 1800i at 120 Hz. Played Helldivers 2 and had a great time. Thought I would try Halo and it unfortunately went to black screen. Wasn't sure what that was about but after that, every game that I've tried it crashes. My PC just will not switch from my iGPU to my 6900 XT. Just to clarify, Windows 11 lets you choose which GPU you want to use. I was connected to my IGPU, using it to display interlaced resolutions while the games render on my 6900 XT.

It doesn't matter if I tell it which specific GPU in the Windows graphics settings. It just doesn't work. I uninstalled and reinstalled both Intel and AMD drivers. Tried multiple different versions of each. It will not work. It will start the games if I specify iGPU but will not use the 6900 XT. I can't switch in the middle of a game either.

Looked for BIOS settings, tried changing the iGPU to primary. That didn't work. Downloaded the latest motherboard drivers. Didn't work. It's the same black screen everytime. GPU fans don't spin. For some reason the iGPU is not communicating to the 6900XT anymore.

Again, it did work initially but after a crash it hasn't worked again.

Anyone have any ideas? My last resort is a Windows reinstall but I really would prefer not, as I have SSDs full of family videos and pictures I would have to deal with. I'm not even sure if this would solve the issue?

Replying to myself in case anyone else here comes looking for the same issue. After spending probably 20 hours trying different drivers, BIOS updates, Chat GPT suggestions, a fresh Windows install, reseating the GPU and performing memtest, I finally figured out the issue. It's my AMD 6900 XT. Decided to try out a 1080 ti I had laying around from a previous build, and it worked perfectly. Unfortunately, as per usual, AMD has its quirks.

Using 2400 x 1800i at 120 Hz now on the 1080 ti. Looks and feels great. Still can't get any Gamepass games to work, unfortunately. Even if I set a specific GPU for the Xbox app, it defaults to the higher performance one (AMD), which causes the game to crash every time. If a game in Steam was previously set to the 6900 XT, I have to connect directly to the 1080 ti, launch the game, change the GPU in the in game display options, power off, and then connect to iGpu. It then works. Leaving behind AMD in this next generation.

This res looks sharper than any progressive that I've used. Not sure if it's because I'm still far below my bandwith limit or what.

Is anyone familiar with an issue with the DP2VGAHD20 converter causing issues with dual monitors? It seems to be stuck in a loop of constantly disconnecting and reconnecting. While using the CRT it works great. If I switch back to my main ultrawide LCD monitor (HDMI) there are a host of issues. I experience periodic black screens in games that are playing in full screen. Also in display settings and the nvidia control panel are constantly refreshing the info displayed. In device manager both my CRT and LCD will disappear and reappear constantly. There is no issue using the LCD otherwise. I can browse the web and be on the desktop and experience no flickering or refreshing. Using both monitors at the same time using extended or duplicate eliminates the issue, or using the CRT only I don't have any of these issues. Its a pain because the only solution I found is to disconnect the DP2VGAHD20 when using my main LCD monitor.

I came across similar posts here and here but I'm not sure if they are the same issue or not.

Last edited:
Replying to myself in case anyone else here comes looking for the same issue. After spending probably 20 hours trying different drivers, BIOS updates, Chat GPT suggestions, a fresh Windows install, reseating the GPU and performing memtest, I finally figured out the issue. It's my AMD 6900 XT. Decided to try out a 1080 ti I had laying around from a previous build, and it worked perfectly. Unfortunately, as per usual, AMD has its quirks.

Using 2400 x 1800i at 120 Hz now on the 1080 ti. Looks and feels great. Still can't get any Gamepass games to work, unfortunately. Even if I set a specific GPU for the Xbox app, it defaults to the higher performance one (AMD), which causes the game to crash every time. If a game in Steam was previously set to the 6900 XT, I have to connect directly to the 1080 ti, launch the game, change the GPU in the in game display options, power off, and then connect to iGpu. It then works. Leaving behind AMD in this next generation.

This res looks sharper than any progressive that I've used. Not sure if it's because I'm still far below my bandwith limit or what.
900+900 on that vertical axis is exactly within the perfect range in which your monitor's actual hardware can natively resolve that resolution http://www.dansdata.com/danletters088.htm

Is anyone familiar with an issue with the DP2VGAHD20 converter causing issues with dual monitors? It seems to be stuck in a loop of constantly disconnecting and reconnecting. While using the CRT it works great. If I switch back to my main ultrawide LCD monitor (HDMI) there are a host of issues. I experience periodic black screens in games that are playing in full screen. Also in display settings and the nvidia control panel are constantly refreshing the info displayed. In device manager both my CRT and LCD will disappear and reappear constantly. There is no issue using the LCD otherwise. I can browse the web and be on the desktop and experience no flickering or refreshing. Using both monitors at the same time using extended or duplicate eliminates the issue, or using the CRT only I don't have any of these issues. Its a pain because the only solution I found is to disconnect the DP2VGAHD20 when using my main LCD monitor.

I came across similar posts here and here but I'm not sure if they are the same issue or not.
Yes it's a know issue, this is a part of a review on Startech website (at the bottom of this page):

"When I first purchased it, I did run into a very niche problem. While the adapter was plugged in and the monitor was disabled in Windows, the adapter would cause the operating system to experience a hardware disconnect/reconnect cycle every 5 or so seconds. This didn't happen while the monitor was enabled and active, so it wasn't something I was prepared to return the product over since it worked so wonderful while in use and all I had to do was unplug it to solve my niche problem. But I thought it would be at least a good idea to contact StarTech's technical support team and let them know about the potential hardware fault.

Well I reached Justin, the team's Technical Lead, and he went above and beyond for me. He helped me diagnose and determine that it was indeed the adapter that had the problem, and that he would pass that information on to the techs to look at it internally. After a month or so, he reached back out to me to let me know that they had resolved the issue and would like to send me the unit to confirm. For absolutely no charge, they shipped me the new one and I am happy to confirm it does indeed fix the issue! I can now keep the adapter plugged in 24/7 without worrying about hardware disconnect loops. I'm so grateful for the wonderful support Justin and the rest of the team showed in resolving this very small issue and I can absolutely say I recommend Startech to all my friends and family after this experience."

We need to know how they solved the problem, if with a hardware change or a firmware update, maybe you can ask Startech about it, linking the review on that page.

Restart the video driver, using the CRU restart utility or manually using the device manager, can be a good workaround.
If you use utility like MSI Afterburner to load FAN-Clock Profiles at system startup, you need to reload it after the video restart.

Back