Sapphire 4890 $177.00 after rebate and $10.00 code

GPUOMG20 $20 off

and dont forget $10.35 live cash back

$157 AR AC ACB plus shipping

Good God. I'm going to bite as soon as I can get some funds in my account.
But I'm curious, how does the Cashback work? I've signed up but when I search for this listing under Live Search it doesn't come up, and doesn't the listing have to be brought up on Live Search to have it work? Or would Cashback would with all PayPal purchases?
Sorry for being an idiot; just never used CB before!

Great deal however.

You go to live.com/cashback

then search for the store ewiz.com or whatever... then click the link and it says "You will earn X% of cashback on this purchase" then you pick the card, enter the coupon code, and buy it

Then they tell microsoft you bought it, and they put the cashback on your account, 60 days later you can take the cashback $ out.

You go to live.com/cashback

then search for the store ewiz.com or whatever... then click the link and it says "You will earn X% of cashback on this purchase" then you pick the card, enter the coupon code, and buy it

Then they tell microsoft you bought it, and they put the cashback on your account, 60 days later you can take the cashback $ out.

ewiz listed under superbiiz for 5% cash back

heres the link
http://search.live.com/cashback/go?c=291708&FORM=CBST08&cbst=1.1

OMG! the 4890 prices are sure coming down with them great deals. But the thing that's holding me back is the "design flaw" which is showed when using OCCT

---> http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=224958

Ugh. I was sooo going to get this 4890 until the "design flaw" pop up. :mad:

It seems that issue only comes up when running that benchmark and not when playing games. I would not call that a design flaw.

In other news I heard that the 5000 series is coming in July, so new cards maybe coming soon.

These prices are really tempting me though and I just may have to bite! ;)

basically the best you can do with shipping and all the crap, is $200 down now and $30 back in some form later. still about $45 cheaper then anywhere else though

Last edited:
Well I am getting the same card from superblitz during the last time they had this sale (which was last week.)

I am getting it for 199 shipped with a 20 dollar rebate. (forgot about Cash back). Problem is I order on 5/21 and it is still processing. It is no big deal for I don't have the cpu, motherboard, or ram yet but I figured I should warn people that you may not get a quick shipping.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=224958[/url]

You only will encounter the "design flaw" in running benchmarks and not in real life. In theory ATI is more capable at raw calculations vs Nvidia, the 4870 is capable of 1.2 terraflops, the 4890 1.36 terraflops at stock frequencies. Nvidia's GTX 280 is capable of .933 terraflops and the GTX 285 is capable of 1.062 terraflops at stock speeds.

In theory the 4870 is faster than the GTX 285 if actual speed is correlated very closely to theoretical speed. In reality though the 4870 is about the speed of a GTX 260, and the 4890 the speed of a GTX 280, and the GTX 285 is faster still. This is due to how ATI vs Nvidia's gpu architecture (and specifically the shaders) operate.

The benchmark test is using all of ATI shader at the same time on purpose to stress test the card. Something that is not going to happen in games due to how ATI have their shader architecture design (There isn't really 800 shaders in ATI but instead 160 5 dimensional shader cores.) At 82/83 amps the card can't draw enough power and supply it to other parts of the card before it crashes. To put this in comparison crysis uses about 60 amps at peak, so this benchmark is using about 33% more power draw than crysis.

So yes a design flaw but not one you are going to see in real life.

Did you make this card?
No, and I have bought cards from nvidia and ati. I am currently typing this on a computer with a 9600gso (aka the 8800gs model with 96 stream processors). I am right now waiting for 4890 to be shipped.

Thanks for that info, I'll have to buy one, if not now, when I see prices go down further.

nice, i bought the same card at the same price 2 weeks ago. great deal, and the card's awesome!

OMG! the 4890 prices are sure coming down with them great deals. But the thing that's holding me back is the "design flaw" which is showed when using OCCT

---> http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=224958

Well, my ASUS 4890 is overclocked to 975/1100, and has never crashed or had artifacts while running any game or benchmark, ( including Crysis, everything maxed ). I could really care less if that stress test crashes it, that does not prove anything.

Don't let something like this stop you from buying a awesome card.

The only thing stopping me is that the price is not what it was a day ago.

4890 prices are going down! It's almost costing as much as the 4850 did about 6 months ago.

Well I am getting the same card from superblitz during the last time they had this sale (which was last week.)

I am getting it for 199 shipped with a 20 dollar rebate. (forgot about Cash back). Problem is I order on 5/21 and it is still processing. It is no big deal for I don't have the cpu, motherboard, or ram yet but I figured I should warn people that you may not get a quick shipping.

call them. i had an issue with my credit card, and i called them and we sorted it out asap and it shipped the next day :)

call them. i had an issue with my credit card, and i called them and we sorted it out asap and it shipped the next day :)

They sent me an e-mail today saying i need to call my credit card and allow them to talk to superbitz (thus allowing to superbitz to confirm my shipping address is the same address on my credit card to protect against fraud). I didn't have time to do it prior to work, but supposedly that is the delay with the processing.

Man, you mean I can't play benchmarks if I buy this card, total FN bs. I gues I'll have to settle for insane FPS in games then :(

I know you are being sarcastic, but the benchmark is really really stupid. It is designed to stress test the card. Thing is stress testing the card in a situation which the card will never see in real life doesn't really prove anything.

I know you are being sarcastic, but the benchmark is really really stupid. It is designed to stress test the card. Thing is stress testing the card in a situation which the card will never see in real life doesn't really prove anything.

I know :) Its like seeing an artifact in ATITools scanner or FurMark does not mean you'll ever see artifacts in-game. Though oddly enough some games will artifact/lockup when even stress testing programs never show artifacts. For example, I can run my HD 4850 @ 700mhz on the GPU all day long in ATITool or FurMark without a single artifact but it locks up in CoD4 within 5 mins unless I clock it to 690mhz . . . go figure.

Back